Saturday, February 12, 2011

yeah Egypt yeah!

[unpronounceable president name] stepped down! This makes me monumentally happy for reasons I can't quite identitfy. Maybe it's because Egypt is number four on my Top Ten Most Fascinating Cultures.

Also, here's an awesome quote found on Alana's site:

“There should be a drug class, there should be sex education, there should be a class on scams, there should be a class on religious cults, there should be a class on police brutality, there should be a class on Apartheid, there should be a class on racism in America, there should be a class on why people are hungry, but there not, they’re classes on… gym.”
—-Tupac Shakur

Did I mention I recently did a project on Tupac's god-grand-aunt-thing Assata Shakur for black history month?



Yeah, that's all for now.

P.S. Read the AV Club's review for the Glenn Beck Program. It's actually quite fascinating and offers a completely different look on an otherwise universally mocked figure.

2 comments:

alana said...

I feel the same way about Egypt. It's nice to know that sometimes we as people can change things. I read so much news that I can get bogged down by how fucked up things are. It's nice to be reminded it doesn't always have to be that way.

Stormi said...

I am glad for them but honestly I am just tired of hearing about it all over the place..

Template by:
Free Blog Templates