Tuesday, April 19, 2011

on stupid Madonna nicknames

Being a pop culture junkie, I read a lot of Perez Hilton. As I've mentioned before, he fills me with a burning hatred I usually reserve for dictators and raisons. But he's not alone in his ignorance; no no, it seems that every celebrity gossip website is (shockingly!) retarded.

I'm referring to the ridiculous Madonna dub, "Madge".

I'm assuming this is a reference to Mary Madgeline. Who is not, nor ever is, the Madonna. That would be the Virgin Mary.

Mary Madgeline was a hooker. Madonna was Jesus' virginal mother.

Okay?

Okay.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh I just assumed it was something someone started after watching a whole lot of Neighbours, then thinking of the most unglamorous character with a name begining with M...

Anonymous said...

It's Mary Magdalene actually and there is no "Madge" in that name...your rant was a little pointless...

Unknown said...

Grrr. You must gitt OFFA this world like Jimmy Hoffa. Here's how...

God gives U.S. free-will in our finite existence, thus, what we mortals do with it determines our destiny. God bless. Meet me Upstairs, dear. Gotta lotta tok bout... or dont.

I aint your judge. Jesus is.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates