Monday, August 24, 2009

iMeme: What I Read

I stole this from...oh, shoot, I forgot. Oh, well, first person who gets dibs gets credit.

1. What author do you own the most books by?
Um...Robert Cormier or D.J. MacHale

2. What book do you own the most copies of?
Well, I have the entire Narnia series in one huge volume, and then all the individual ones elsewhere, so I'll go with that.

3. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
It's not a secret, honey; Cal Leandros from Nightlife.

4. What book have you read more than any other?
James and the Giant Peach by Raold Dahl. I had an obsession in fifth grade. No, wait, Where the Wild Things Are. First book I ever read all by myself. *pats back*

5. What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?
I think Inkspell by Cornelia Funke...or Harry Potter, perhaps. I read a lot back then, so I can't really remember...

6. What is the worst book you've read in the past year?
Breaking Dawn. Just...no.

7. What is the best book you've read in the past year?
Best book: American Gods by Neil Gaimen. Favorite book: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

8. If you could tell everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
One book? Um...No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy...cause it's badass.

9. What is the most difficult book you've ever read?
Erm...shit...um...A Clockwork Orange. Love it, but I can't understand a word they're saying.

10. Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
French. Pretty language =]

11. Shakespeare, Milton or Chaucer?
Shakespeare. I tried read Paradise Lost, and I nearly fell asleep by the third page.

12. Austen or Eliot?
Is that a question? Can you even compare Austen to Eliot?

13. What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
I've never read anythign by Jim Butcher. I don't know if that counts as embarrasing, but...

14. What is your favorite novel?
Don't make me chose...it's too hard...

15. Play?
Death of a Salesman

16. Poem?
..."Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost, or "The Raven"...I'm so unoriginal. I do read poetry, a lot of it, so don't think I'm giving any default answers here. These just happen to be my favorites.

17. Essay?
I read Chelsea Handler's collection of essays, and nearly laughed my ass off.

18. Short Story?
Anything in the "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark"

19. Non Fiction
Running With Scissors

20. Graphic Novel?
Watchmen, Hellboy, Zot!, Death; The High Cost of Living...oh, so many.

21. Science Fiction?
I Am Legend

22. Who is your favorite writer?
Hunter S. Thompson

23. Who is the most over rated writer alive today?
Stephanie Meyer. Don't even get me started.

24. What are you reading right now?
The Tear Collector by Patrick Jones

25. Best Memoir?
Again, Running With Scissors.

26. Best History?
Like historical? A Great and Terrible Beauty.

27. Best mystery or Noir?
Endless Night by Agatha Christie

I tag...EVERYONE! Ha.

In other news, I've bee nominated for ANOTHER award!

Introducing the...

LET'S BE FRIENDS AWARD!



I've been bestowed as a friendly blogger by the lovely Jessica from A Book Lover's Diary.

Blogs that receive the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers.


Hm...let's see...I nominate....EVERYONE! Because your all so friendly and awesome and ROCKIN'! That's right. Anyone who wants it, get's it.

Thanks, Jessica!

Also:



Ha. Classic.

3 comments:

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

Aww ur so sweet.

I love Jack Black lol

Jessica said...

You're welcome! :)

Lori Johnston said...

Love this idea, Dannie!

I put my list here:
http://psychoticstate.blogspot.com/2009/08/imeme-what-i-read.html

Template by:
Free Blog Templates