Monday, August 17, 2009

What Makes My Wallet Hurt (1)

This is a new meme I'm starting, though I'm sure it's not original. You book bloggers are breaking my heart, with all your reviews of killer books that I can't afford. I just thought I'd write them down. So, I present you with the first ever edition of WHAT MAKES MY WALLET HURT!

Going Bovine by Libba Bray



A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson (which I SHOULD be able to get because its $0.77 on Amazon but, alas, I am but a lowly fourteen year old with a stifling mother whose darn protective of her credit cards....damn.)



Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) - Gail Carriger



Lockdown: Escape from Furnace - Alexander Gordon Smith



Clockwork Heart - Dru Pagliassotti



A Curse Dark as Gold - Elizabeth C. Bunce



Molloy - Samuel Beckett (pretty old, but I'm in a Samuel Beckett kick lately, so...)



Leviathan - Scott Westerfeld. God, it hurts to think that it's not coming out til October.



The Tear Collector - Patrick Jones



Rampant - Diana Peterfreund (it's Killer Unicorns...come on.)



Dull Boy - Sarah Cross



Pastworld by Ian Beck



Icelander - Dustin Long (I'm trying to get all the books in this new McSweeney's Publishing House.)



Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick



Crazy Beautiful - Lauren Baratz-Logsted
A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Wilcomb (which I was SO DAMN CLOSE TO GETTING!)
Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog


And...SLEEPLESS! WANT! NEED! GAHH!

5 comments:

The Obsessive Reader said...

Eww so many good books. The cover of Sleepless sort of freaks me out. Like if you take off the eye cover her eyes will be blood shot and then *cue stabber music* she'll start coming at you with a butcher knife.

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

lol Rachel ur funny. it kinda sounded like the grudge girl.*scared now*

Yep these books def. make ya broke lol. I have a limit now, it sucks b/c i have 2 save my money 4 college now so..no buying books 4 me just *book envy*

Alyssa Kirk said...

Few of us can afford all the great books we want to read but you have put together a great wish list!

D Swizzle said...

Alyssa-I know...just further torture...oy...

Faye-that stinks. I'm going into high school, so my mother's still technically supposed to take care of my housing arrangments, so at least I have some spare money! lol

Rachel-that's what I was thinking!

Lori Johnston said...

Great topic!
Here's my (much abbreviated!) list:

http://psychoticstate.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-makes-my-wallet-hurt.html

Template by:
Free Blog Templates