Sunday, May 30, 2010

Book Review: Chimeric Machines by Lucy A. Snyder

Title: Chimeric Machines

Author: Lucy A. Snyder

Pages: 85

Received from: publisher

Summary:

This collection offers three dozen poems to delight readers who enjoy sly wordplay and subtle allusion, high intelligence and fierce heart.


There's something special about a lady who can make the world's biggest oxymoron work.

Chimeric, or chimera: non-human zoology. Or a little green goblin. Or parts of different origin that are seemingly compatable. Any of these, really.

Machines: any device that uses energy to perform some activity. Created.

I'm not entirely sure what to file this under. It's not a book of poetry, at least not by my definetion. Nor is it really fiction, but it is fictional, sometimes. Or maybe it is a poem. Like, an epic poem, a poem creating a story, like Howl.

I don't know. Its all very strange.

In a great way, that is.

Snyder has a way with words. It's kind of scary, but it's kind of beautiful. Disturbing.

Rating: 10 out of 10

--

I made a new blog documenting my summer-time creative persutes. Right now there are only some pictures I already posted on Tumblr, but soon I'm going to post all these drawings and portraits for my PORTRAITS OF A HOT MESS project Plus, I'm making a dres. So that'll probably be showing up, too. Here.

1 comments:

Simon said...

Review something, lazy.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates