Sunday, August 16, 2009

In My Mailbox (1)

This feature is thanks to the Story Siren, in which I take every Sunday and write about all the books and other book/movie related goodies I've received throughout the week.

For Review (hard copy): The Monster Variations by Daniel Kraus






Also, Bending Toward the Sun by Leslie Gilbert-Lurie and Trust Me by Peter Leonard


From Amazon: Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert (!) And a new copy of Paradise Lost by John Milton, since I lost my old one. AND Breathing Underwater by Alex Flinn.


Store Bought: My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent *I wanted Sleepless by Thomas Fahy, but I have no. money. The thing is, you all could have had an interview WITH Thomas Fahy had I been able to purchase Sleepless, but, alas, you must wait for a later date. =P EDIT: I got this nice copy of H.G. Wells: A Dream of Armageddon. I'm thinking of waiting till the school year to read it, so I can walk around the hallways with it to look smart :P And I also got this cool comic book called "The Big Book of Weirdos" which is a collection of illustarted biographies of some of the batshits in history. Fun.



Ebooks or .pdf copies (for review): The Blue Pen by Lisa Rusczyk, Dirty Little Angel by Christopher Tusa



Coming soon: An interview with Lisa Rusczyk about her novel, The Blue Pen, and a review of Megan's Way and a chat with the author. Also, a review of Dragon's House by John Shors. Actually, I'm expecting alot of ARCs and interviews with authors soon. I had a list typed up but I can't remember what I named it. Jeez.

Also, here's some bookish news for you: Cassandra Clare's new series, the Infernal Devices, has a new website.

Ah, well. Look out tomorrow for a review of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: Ninth Grade Slays, and a guest post with author Jess C. Scott about self-publishing.

Until then, a bit of eye candy a la Supernatural.




Mmmm. Winchester goodness.

Cheers,

Danielle

P.S...

"I got soul but I'm not a soldier"

















So.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Mmm, Winchester goodness indeed. I can't wait for the new season!

I'm excited that you got "Ballads of Suburbia" -- the author lives nearby! Welcome to IMM. :D

Happy reading!

Alexia561 said...

Nice selection of books this week! Have been hearing good things about the Ballads of Surbibia, and I loved My Soul to Take! Enjoyed the eye candy as well! Thanks! ;)

Blodeuedd said...

Mmm I do love some Winchester eyecandy ;)

Great mailbox for you. You have some nice things to read there

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week. hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates