Saturday, August 22, 2009

In My Mailbox (2)

Alrighty, I wanted to do a vlog, but my webcam decided now was a wonderful time to stop working. So, you'll just have to read like everyone else...:)

Once again, thanks to the Story Siren for the meme!

HUSH, HUSH BY BECCA FITZPATRICK AHH!

Yes, it's a good week.



This is actually for the Barnes and Noble First Look Club. I'd suggest joining. Now.

Second--A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi for review:




(from acircleofsouls.com) The sleepy town of Newbury, Connecticut, is shocked when a little girl is found brutally murdered. The town’s top detective, perplexed by a complete lack of leads, calls in FBI agent Leia Bines, an expert in cases involving children.


Meanwhile, Dr. Peter Gram, a psychiatrist at Newbury’s hospital, searches desperately for the cause of seven-year-old Naya Hastings’s devastating nightmares. Afraid that she might hurt herself in the midst of a torturous episode, Naya’s parents have turned to the bright young doctor as their only hope.


The situations confronting Leia and Peter converge when Naya begins drawing chilling images of murder after being bombarded by the disturbing images in her dreams. Amazingly, her sketches are the only clues to the crime that has panicked Newbury residents. Against her better judgment, Leia explores the clues in Naya’s crude drawings, only to set off an alarming chain of events


Looks good. I also got a few book-cards to go with it, with the cover on the front and a website. When I post my review, I guess I'll give a few away, if anyone wants them =P

Also, I got some oldies in the mail from Amazon; Desolation Angels by the Late Great Jack Kerouac, Life After God by Generation X author Douglas Coupland and The Realm of Possibility by Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist co-author David Levithan.

I also got: SLIGHTS BY KAARON WARREN which is awesome, Playing House by Fredrica Wagman, Gothic! by assorted authors, and Here They Come by Yannick Murphy.



ALSO, The Tear Collector by Patrick Jones

Also, I'd like to announce the upcoming DEXTER WEEK here at the Opinionated? Me? blog, in honor of the upcoming installment of the Dexter series (out in the US September 8th). I've only read the first one in the series, but I figure this is a good excuse for some good ol' fashioned fangirling. The details aren't exact yet, seeing as I have no one to consult with but myself, but I assure you it will be...not awesome, because only you guys can decide that. But I guarentee I will be as fulfilled as expected. I MIGHT even make a cute little banner thing...if I can figure out how...hm...

Anyway, have a great Sunday and pray to Buddha Monday will have some mercy!




Cheers,


Danielle

12 comments:

Windowpane Memoirs said...

I got Hush, Hush too but I didn’t read it yet. Happy Reading!

Peace
Michelle

HODGEPODGESPV said...

i hope you enjoy circle of souls as much as i did.

SerieslyReady said...

I want to read The Tear Collector.

Lauren said...

Looks like a lot of people got Hush, Hush this week... I'm envying you all!! Hope you enjoy.

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Marie said...

I got Hush, Hush too!

Unknown said...

Nice week. If you want any help with Dexter week, I am in. He is my new love.. lol.

Lizzy said...

Great books this week! Hope you enjoy them. I can't wait to read Hush, Hush. I've been hearing great things about it

Amy said...

Hush, Hush is amazing and I really want to read The Tear Collecter!

Allison said...

Seems like a lot of people got Hush, Hush this week! Enjoy :)

Katie said...

I did join First Look, but they've closed down "Hush, Hush" requests, so I'll just have to keep waiting patiently. I'm glad you got it though!

Happy reading!

prophecygirl said...

Lots of people got Hush, Hush this week - that's great! I hope you love Patch :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates