Sunday, August 30, 2009

In My Mailbox (3)

Alright, haven't gotten much this week, but here it is:

For Review:



The Blue Star by Tony Earley

Dragon House by John Shors

From Amazon:



Half Life by Shelley Jackson

A Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagiassotti

Other:

Boy Proof by Cecil Castellucci (for writing fifteen reviews for Young Adult and Kids Central)



Impossible by Nancy Werlin (at Wal-Mart!)



This next parts a bit complicated; see, I recently got a notice from my school telling me I am now enrolled in Honors English, which is strange since I got a C in English last year. Aparently my short stories for Lit have proven to be quite advanced for my age, which would be cool if it didn't call for me to read two very boring looking books in one week (school STARTS next week...hmph). Of course, it is optional, but my mother is extsatic at the thought of me being in an advanced ANYTHING, so of course she is giving ME the option of Honors English or mustard sandwiches for the rest of my life. So I had to go out and buy Having Our Say by Sarah I. Delany and A. Elizabeth Delany (with Amy Hill Hearth) and A Seperate Peace by John Knowles.



On the bright side, my mom felt guilty about this forced labor of literature, so she also shelled out for a copy of Sleepless by Thomas Fahy:



It seems all black clouds do have a silver lining.

Have a great Sunday,

Danielle

4 comments:

Jenny said...

English was by far my worst class in high school which is ironic because I read more than anyone I know (outside of people I know from online sites). And now I think it would be totally interesting to take a writing class or some type of literature.

Jessica said...

Congrats on being enrolled in Honors English! That's awesome. I hope you still have enough time to read books for pleasure. :)
Anyway, I look forward to your reviews!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I think it's great that you're going to be in Honors English! It was my favorite subject in high school and I'm taking a double major in college...English is one of them. Good luck!

Lea Bristow said...

Wow congrats. love your blog btw too so i became a follower as i havent had my blog going too long so a bit new to this too

Template by:
Free Blog Templates